Please be hereby advised that the personal data as per specified in the prevailing laws of any guests using any accommodation services in Hungary shall, pursuant to the prevailing laws*, as from 2 September 2021, as part of the check-in procedure by the accommodation service provider, be registered via document reader in the respective management software used by the accommodation service provider and shall, upon registration, be transferred to the data storage system ‘Vendég Információs Zárt Adatbázis’ (‘Closed Guest Information Database’, VIZA).
What data will be recorded?
- family name and first name(s)
- family name and first name(s) at date of birth
- place of birth
- date of birth
- guest’s gender
- family name and first name(s) of guest’s mother at date of birth (if shown in document used for identification)
- identification data of personal identification document or travel document
- third-country citizens**: number of visa or residence permit, time, date and place of entering the country
Guests using the accommodation service must, for recording the data, present their personal identification cards or driving licenses or travel documents allowed by the laws to be used for identification to the accommodation service provider. If no any official documents presented, the accommodation service provider must reject the guest to use any accommodation services. Based on its authorisation by the laws, the accommodation service provider is empowered to request the guests that they hand over their personal identification documents and the guest must present it to the accommodation service provider.
Please plan your trip and your arrival under consideration of the information provided in this Notice.
Thank you for your cooperation.
- Act CLVI of Year 2016 on the State’s Tasks Concerning the Development of Tourism Areas Decree 235/2019. (X. 15.) Korm on the Implementation of the Act on the State’s Tasks Concerning the Development of Tourism Areas
- Decree 414/2015. (XII. 23.) Korm on the Rules of Issuing Personal Identification Cards and on Uniform Recording of Photos for
- Identification and of Signatures
**Third country citizen: any person subject to Act II of Year 2007 on the Entry and the Residence of Citizens of Third Countries